Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G)
Orders / Circulars
|Date||Order / Circular No||Subject|
|04.02.2017||GO(Rt) 314/2017/LSGD||PMAY (G) - Constitution of Project Management Units|
|24.09.2016||7644/JRY1/2016/CRD||PMAY(G) - District Programme Management Units|
|09.08.2016||GO(Rt) 2402/2016/LSGD||Proposal for constitution of Dist Level Appellete Authority|
|25.07.2016||705087/DA3/2016/LSGD||Special Gramasabhas for PMAY (G)|
|14.07.2016||7644/JRY1/2015/CRD||Spillover installments through PFMS|
|29.06.2016||7644/JRY1/2015/CRD||PMAY(G) - Guidelines|
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin will be implemented in rural areas across the country except Delhi and Chandigarh.
- Government to construct 1 crore pucca (permanent) houses for the rural poor in the next three years.
- The scheme is expected to boost job creation in rural areas.
- The project will be implemented in a span of three years from 2016-17 to 2018-19 with a budget of Rs. 81,975 crore.
- Of the total estimated expenditure, Rs. 60,000 crore will come from budgetary allocations and the remaining through NABARD
- The cost of unit (house) assistance is to be shared between central and state governments in the ratio 60:40 in plain areas and 90:10 for north-eastern and hilly states.
- Beneficiaries of the rural houses would be chosen according to data taken from the Socio-Economic Caste Census of 2011
- An allowance of Rs. 120,000 in plain areas and Rs. 130,000 in hilly areas will be provided for construction of homes.
- The unit size will be enhanced from the existing 20 sq.mt. to up to 25 sq.mt. including a dedicated area for hygienic cooking.
- Funds will be transferred electronically directly to the account of the beneficiary.
- The beneficiary would be facilitated to avail loan of up to 70000 rupees for construction of the house which is optional.
The scheme is also expected to generate employment in the rural areas, especially in the construction sector which is currently the 2nd largest employers in India.